Jan. 27, 2010 Slot Couloir, Snoq. Mt.


I checked my email before heading to bed and had an email from Crispin Prahl.  We had skied the Alpental backcountry on Tuesday and talked about hooking up for a tour.  Well Crispin had dug up one of his usual conspirators, Jeremy Allyn,  and was planning on a 7:20 am start to ski the Slot Couloir on the North side of Snoqualmie Mt..    I usually try to enjoy my sleep, so I ignored his email and figured if I woke up and was motivated, I would find them in the parking lot.  I managed to get out of bed, and since I only live ten minutes away, managed to be late (7:22).  I arrived to see Crispin and Jeremy already skinning up the slope below the Phantom Slide.   Kindly they waited for me to catch up.  A skin track had been put in on Tuesday, that led directly to the slot entrance.  We made it to the top of the slot in a quick two hours.  The group yesterday was only two skiers, and the slot looked like it had plenty of fresh snow.  Pretty much a perfect day.Good ski partners, an easy skin track to follow, and perfect snow conditions.  Glad I got out of bed!

Crsipin, all smiles, perched on the edge of  the Slot Couloir

Jeremy slips into position





Nice!





1 comment:

Greg said...

Nice work. You know how I feel about the Slot.