Dec 24, Brandon Kern Hyak Invitational Randonee Race

Hmm, got an email last week from Brandon.  He wanted to do a casual randonee race at Hyak on Christmas Eve morning.  I told him that it sounded like too much effort.  The format was two hours of racing up and down the front of Hyak.   Greg Louie thought this sounded like fun, so he quickly forwarded the invite to his list of ski partners.  Well, race day dawned, 33 degrees and raining.  Since lift served skiing was going to be poor today, Francine and I motivated out of bed and made it to Hyak at the early 7:50 hourish.  I told myself I only had to do one lap.

Turns out we had about 15 hardy souls willing to get out of bed early to ski in the rain.

Of course, Seth was race favorite, with a history of dominating when it came to pain suffering.  Here he trails Brandon.  I think Brandon managed to keep the lead for two laps before Seth made his move.

John Stimberis about to get lapped by Seth

Seth, the machine

Brandon


Greg
Turned out to be a great way to spend the morning. I even managed to do 3 laps as I tried to keep an enjoyable pace.

Early Results:
Seth Davis 6 laps, 6,000 ft.
Brandon Kern 6 laps
John Mauro 5 laps
Greg Louie 4.5 laps
Heather Kern 4
Crispin Prahl 4 +
Holly Walker 4
Kevin Curd 3
John Stimberis 3
Elissa  Eng 3
Melissa 3
Francine Curd 2
Ann 2
Cindy 2

No comments: