Nov. 27 Silver Peak Basin

Did a quick tour up into the Silver Peak basin.   I was able to drive the Subie all the way to Windy Pass.  Unfortunately, I was unable to turn around, or park out of the road.  I ended up putting the car in reverse and backed up until I found a spot I could park.  After my ski,  I ended driving in reverse all the way back to the hairpin.  The road uphill from the hairpin is pretty well covered in snow.  Ollalie meadows does not have an abundance of snow.  On the way up, I started on the PCT then veered right looking for the logging road.  Had to bushwhack through the small pine trees.  On the way down I just stayed on the road, which was pretty good.  The car ruts were getting filled in with wind blown snow.  Up higher in the basin the rocks are definitely exposed.  I was able to easily ski around them, but if it snows a little, there could be great potential to shred your ski bases.  Snow was very firm with small patches of windblown snow that were okay to turn on.  Another day.

Mt. Snoqualmie on the left, Lundin Peak, Lundin Couloir,
  then Red Mt, and Mt. Thompson on the right.

Rocks in Silver Peak basin

Able to park, unfortunately could not turn around.

No comments: