Jan. 12, Silver Peak



About as much view as I would get.  North Ridge of Silver Peak
Itching to get a little exercise, I headed for Silver Peak.   Walked over to Hyak and took the lift up, then  took the crossover trail to Silver Fir Lift for a mechanical lift to start the tour.   The crosscountry system was in great shape and I made great time to Ollalie Meadows.   As I climbed the lower flanks of Silver, I found fairly soft snow and good coverage.   Unfortunately Silver remained covered in cloud cover above Windy Pass.    As I neared my high point, the North Ridge of Silver, the wind intensity magnified.   I would hazard it was blowing at least 50mph.  I tucked over the ridge, on the Lake Annette side, and found enough shelter to sit down for a snack.   Skiing home, the skiing initially was quite good, followed by a stretch of skiable but not ideal soft stuff with a thin breakable crust.  Amazing to get out on a weekend and have the whole shoulder of Silver Peak to myself.  It is always a hump to get out there.


Bit Breezy


1 comment:

tomd said...

Nice summit mp4 Kevin .