Jan 25, Mt. Snoqualmie

Summit Photo, Mt. Snoqualmie
Summit at Snoqualmie ski area  shut down due to no water pressure.    Only option was to earn your turns.  After skiing Hyak yesterday, I was ready for a little more adventure.   Drove over to Alpental for a leisurely start up Mt. Snoqualmie.   A group was already finishing their day as I pulled into the maintenance lot to park.   Ended up with an excellent skin track up to tree line.  Dug a snow pit at 5,000 feet and found almost 2 meters of snow over a firm layer.  That's pretty deep!  Total snowpack was 345cm.    After my pit break, continued around the corner, where the skin track continued.  It looked like two people were ahead of me.  They eventually dissapeared and booted  over to the south ridge.  I continued on to the top of the slot couloir then booted/skinned up to the summit, elevation 6,280. 




Top of the Slot Couloir






No comments: