March 30, 2020 Alpental

Sometimes you just need to get outside....


Greg gave me a call as he drove over Mercer Island.   I was busy painting a closet with Francine.    Damn, thank God that Greg called and got me out of the house.   I pulled up to Alpental at noon.   Greg was fully geared up and ready to go.  I guess he didn't have much traffic on the drive to the mountain.   We quickly headed up the ski hill.  As we crested over the top of the Armstrong Express chair the thin crowd got thinner.  Only two skiers were ahead of us, heading to the top of chair 2.

  We opted for the International side for our descent and got first tracks.  Probably one of the best descents down International that I have had.   Absolutely no tracks, no people, no rope lines.  Just Greg and I and a foot of powder that chased after you as you pointed your skis down the fall line.




Lower International skied pretty good as well:







Couple more shots taken by Greg:





After skiing Lower International, we toured up the cat track to the top of the Armstrong Express and toured up the ridge looker's left from the unload station.  Normally out of bounds, with no ropes or patrol we had virgin territory to explore.  After a short climb we dropped the short pitch back to the front side and headed for the cars.  What a great day to get outside.








No comments: