April 1, 2020 Mt. Catherine


Hooked up with Greg again to do a tour starting from the house.  With more and more pressure to not recreate in the woods, we thought we would stay in the backyard.  Luckily I have a big backyard.
RISK  -  A situation involving exposure to danger.  Social media seems to be condemning those who ski or hike in the woods as selfish and too risky.   I say if you want to look at a risky activity, go to Costco or ride public transit.  I have always strived to self isolate in the backcountry and will continue to do so.  I mean, who wants to go skiing where the slopes are all tracked out.  Mt. Catherine is one of those places that is just far enough away that I can almost always find fresh tracks after a storm.  Today we were the only group that skied off the summit ridgeline, and the snow was excellent.












No comments: